Tuesday, 17 February 2009

It's raining in Cyprus

I am now back in Cyprus; here to stay for the longest continuous period of time since before moving to London for university. I haven't seen Cyprus in early Spring in years. It's actually a bit green. And it's raining, which is wonderful!

What's not wonderful is my mindset. I had a big meeting with both my supervisors on Friday afternoon, which went on for twice as long as it should have, and during which I completely broke down. It was bad. It was very bad. All these negative feelings just took over. The project proposal that my main supervisor told me was pretty good turned out to be useless, after consultation with my other supervisor. They decided I basically have to re-write it. Also, the fact that I can't for the life of me think like an ecologist, despite having practically studied the subject at uni, has been rubbed into my face. It was horrible. I must've just cried continuously for hours after that. And I missed my train to London.

And on that note I begin my first field season.

No comments:

Post a Comment